- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 22 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 23 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls 2022 F-150 Trucks For Steering Column Problems recalls | 25 days ago
Excessive Fuel Consumption
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 15,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- change oem plugs to ngk iridium's (1 reports)
- maybe a monthly gas card like Kia did for bad mileage advert (1 reports)
fuel system problem