- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 0 days ago
- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 1 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 12 days ago
Excessive Fuel Consumption
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 15,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- change oem plugs to ngk iridium's (1 reports)
- maybe a monthly gas card like Kia did for bad mileage advert (1 reports)
fuel system problem