- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 6 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 23 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 36 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 40 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 54 days ago
Ford Recall 14S03: Doors May Open While Driving
2013 Ford Escape
A door that opens unexpectedly may result in an unrestrained occupant falling from the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury.
Structure — Body — Door
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Escape vehicles manufactured October 5, 2011, through April 10, 2014. Due to an assembly misalignment between the exterior door handle and the door outer panel, the affected vehicles have doors that may be difficult to close or may possibly open while driving.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and correct the mounting of the door handles, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on May 30, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S03.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.