- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 14 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 20 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 24 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 38 days ago
Ford Recall 20S30: Doors May Open While Driving
2013 Ford Escape
A door that is not securely latched could open while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Fiesta, 2013-2014 Fusion, 2015 Mustang, 2013-2015 Escape and C-Max, 2012-2015 Focus, 2014-2016 Transit Connect, 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ, and 2015 MKC vehicles. These vehicles were previously recalled and repaired under recalls 15V-246, 16V-643 or 17V-210, however the repair may not have been completed properly. A component within the door latches may break making the doors difficult to latch and/or leading the driver or a passenger to believe a door is securely closed when, in fact, it is not.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the latch date codes to confirm if the repair was done correctly, and replace the side door latches if necessary, free of charge. Owners will also have the option to inspect their own vehicle's door latches and enter the date codes into a website to determine if the latches are correct. Owner notification letters were mailed on July 27, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20S30.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.