- February 17: Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- February 15: Ford Duratec Lawsuit Over Water Pumps May Be Ending news | 9 days ago
- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 12 days ago
- February 1: Ford Focus and Fiesta Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 23 days ago
Power Steering Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace steering rack (6 reports)
- restart car (2 reports)
- replace "sealed" power steering unit (1 reports)
- replace power steering rack and pinion (1 reports)