- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford Engine Block Heater Recall Ordered Over Cords recalls | 10 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
Engine Won't Turn Over, Will Not Start
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The top problem trend for the 2014 Escape is transmission failure at around 70k miles.
This is relatively low mileage for an expensive transmission failure ($4,500 average to fix), but unless the trend becomes more established, we are only awarding the 2014 Escape our "Beware of the Clunker" badge for now.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 49,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace battery (3 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)