6.0

2016 Ford Escape AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Escape:

2016 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 242017

Escape

All of the sudden no air was coming out of my vents. No heat, no cool... very frustrating

- Keri F., Sacramento, CA, Canada

Jul 302018

Escape

Bought the Escape used. A/C vent will work intermittently. You have to turn the car off and back on sometimes several times to get the air to come out of the vents. It's fine on the feet and defrost, but trying to get it out of the front vents is like threading a needle behind your back, in the dark, with winter gloves on.

- Mike E., Plainfield, IN, US

Aug 312015

Escape S

Car is brand new. Only had it a week. After using the AC with the air flow directed towards my face, I used the knob to alter it to blow at my feet and defrost. That worked fine. A few minutes later I went to switch the direction back to my face, I heard a loud creaking and rattling. The AC continued to blow at my feet and would not readjust to blow towards my face. I played with the knobs and nothing happened. Finally turned the car off and restarted it, and the AC finally began to blow according to how I switched the direction knob. This seems to have been a problem with previous models. I'm taking it in tomorrow for the dealer to check it out.

Update from Sep 11, 2015: Took it to the shop. They were unable to reproduce the incident.

- masseffectguy, Charlotte, NC, US