- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 12 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 18 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 17C11: Driver's Knee Air Bag May Not Inflate/FMVSS 208
2016 Ford Escape
In the event of a crash, if the driver's knee air bag does not inflate as intended, the driver has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 Ford Escape vehicles. The driver's knee airbag modules installed in these vehicles were produced without the inflator gas generant material, and, as a result, the air bags may not inflate properly in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace driver's knee air bag, free of charge. The recall began on August 8, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C11.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.