- January 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 1 days ago
- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 2 days ago
- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 3 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
Ford Recall 17C11: Driver's Knee Air Bag May Not Inflate/FMVSS 208
2016 Ford Escape
In the event of a crash, if the driver's knee air bag does not inflate as intended, the driver has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016 Ford Escape vehicles. The driver's knee airbag modules installed in these vehicles were produced without the inflator gas generant material, and, as a result, the air bags may not inflate properly in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace driver's knee air bag, free of charge. The recall began on August 8, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C11.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.