- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 2 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 3 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 15 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 16 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
Ford Recall 98S09: Ford/Jump Starting
1998 Ford Explorer
The fuel lines can leak, and in the presence of an ignition source, a fire could potentially result.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Multi-purpose passenger vehicles equipped with 4.0L single overhead cam engines. The engine fuel lines can be damaged if the vehicle is jump started and the ground cable is attached to the fuel line bracket that is located near the battery. Since the bracket is not grounded, the stainless steel fuel line braid could act as a ground potentially overheating the ptfe inner liner of the fuel line resulting in damage to the fuel line.
- Dealers will install a warning label on the fuel line bracket advising owners not to use it for a jump start ground. Also a revised bolt will be installed in the alternator bracket to provide a convenient jump start ground location.
Click a tab for more information.