- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 2 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 23 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 23 days ago
Ford Recall 98S09: Ford/Jump Starting
1998 Ford Explorer
The fuel lines can leak, and in the presence of an ignition source, a fire could potentially result.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Multi-purpose passenger vehicles equipped with 4.0L single overhead cam engines. The engine fuel lines can be damaged if the vehicle is jump started and the ground cable is attached to the fuel line bracket that is located near the battery. Since the bracket is not grounded, the stainless steel fuel line braid could act as a ground potentially overheating the ptfe inner liner of the fuel line resulting in damage to the fuel line.
- Dealers will install a warning label on the fuel line bracket advising owners not to use it for a jump start ground. Also a revised bolt will be installed in the alternator bracket to provide a convenient jump start ground location.
Click a tab for more information.