- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 4 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 16 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 17 days ago
Ford Recall 99S18: Ford/Secondary Hood Latch
1998 Ford Explorer
If this occurs and the primary hood latch is either not engaged or is released, a hood fly-up could occur.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The secondary hood latch may corrode at the latch pivot and stick in the open position.
- Dealers will install a secondary hood latch with components that are coated prior to assembly for improved latch pivot corrosion protection.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.