- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 12 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 18 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall 99S18: Ford/Secondary Hood Latch
1998 Ford Explorer
If this occurs and the primary hood latch is either not engaged or is released, a hood fly-up could occur.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The secondary hood latch may corrode at the latch pivot and stick in the open position.
- Dealers will install a secondary hood latch with components that are coated prior to assembly for improved latch pivot corrosion protection.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.