- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 8 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 29 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 29 days ago
Ford Recall 99S18: Ford/Secondary Hood Latch
1998 Ford Explorer
If this occurs and the primary hood latch is either not engaged or is released, a hood fly-up could occur.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The secondary hood latch may corrode at the latch pivot and stick in the open position.
- Dealers will install a secondary hood latch with components that are coated prior to assembly for improved latch pivot corrosion protection.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.