- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 5 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 26 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 26 days ago
Ford Recall 00S58: Ford/Throttle
1998 Ford Explorer
This could result in engine surge when the accelerator pedal breaks free.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with 4.0L SOHC engines and still retain the original throttle body (part numbers 97jf-9E926ab or 97jf-9E926-ac). Some of the original throttle bodies installed allowed a gap between the plate and bore to be built too narrow. This reduced clearance allowed the engine deposits normally present in the throttle body to contact or bridge the gap. If the engine deposits bridged the gap between the throttle plate and bore and then hardened, on the initial application of the accelerator pedal after the engine has cooled, the operator would need to apply additional force to the accelerator pedal to break the bridge.
- Dealers will replace the original throttle bodies.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.