- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 21 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 25 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 29 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 40 days ago
Ford Recall 00S04: Ford/Electronic Functions
2000 Ford Explorer
An inoperative windshield wiper system could affect driver visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring — Fuses And Circuit Breakers
- Vehicle description: Multi-purpose vehicles equipped with 4.0L engines and all-time 4-wheel drive (A4wd) powertrains. The generic electronic module (GEM) could experience a condition referred to as "lock-up" in which the GEM controlled electronic functions (e.g., front windshield wipers, interior lights, 4X4 system, etc.) could not be turned on or, in some cases if the function is on, could not be turned off.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the GEM circuit.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.