- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 8 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 25 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 38 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 42 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 56 days ago
Ford Recall 00S04: Ford/Electronic Functions
2000 Ford Explorer
An inoperative windshield wiper system could affect driver visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring — Fuses And Circuit Breakers
- Vehicle description: Multi-purpose vehicles equipped with 4.0L engines and all-time 4-wheel drive (A4wd) powertrains. The generic electronic module (GEM) could experience a condition referred to as "lock-up" in which the GEM controlled electronic functions (e.g., front windshield wipers, interior lights, 4X4 system, etc.) could not be turned on or, in some cases if the function is on, could not be turned off.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the GEM circuit.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.