- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 3 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 11 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 16 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 00S46: Ford/Powertrain Control Module
2000 Ford Explorer
Operating the vehicle above the maximum speed rating could lead to a tire failure which at these speeds could result in a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with the 3.27 or 3.55 axle ration. The subject vehicles have a powertrain control module that could allow the vehicle to exceed the design intent top speed. At these extreme speeds, the vehicle could be capable of exceeding the speed rating of the tire.
- Dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.