- December 3: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and Escapes For Brake Issues recalls | 2 days ago
- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 10 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 27 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 41 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 45 days ago
Ford Recall 00S46: Ford/Powertrain Control Module
2000 Ford Explorer
Operating the vehicle above the maximum speed rating could lead to a tire failure which at these speeds could result in a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with the 3.27 or 3.55 axle ration. The subject vehicles have a powertrain control module that could allow the vehicle to exceed the design intent top speed. At these extreme speeds, the vehicle could be capable of exceeding the speed rating of the tire.
- Dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.