- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 8 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 12 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 26 days ago
Ford Recall 00S46: Ford/Powertrain Control Module
2000 Ford Explorer
Operating the vehicle above the maximum speed rating could lead to a tire failure which at these speeds could result in a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles equipped with the 3.27 or 3.55 axle ration. The subject vehicles have a powertrain control module that could allow the vehicle to exceed the design intent top speed. At these extreme speeds, the vehicle could be capable of exceeding the speed rating of the tire.
- Dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.