- June 4: Ford Mustang Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- May 30: Ford Recalls Mustangs For Camera Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- May 29: Ford Transit Connect Vans Recalled For Seat Belt Pretensioners recalls | 6 days ago
- May 25: Ford MPG Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Argues Ford news | 10 days ago
- May 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
2001 Ford Explorer Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Body Mounts Deteriorated4
- Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window4
- Loud Humming Like Noise1
- Paint Is Peeling1
- Whistle Sound1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body11
- NHTSA: Structure6
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 5
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Tailgate 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.