ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

9.3

1. replace door latchs (2 reports)
2013 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Explorer:

2013 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 262015

Explorer 3.5L

We have a 2013 Ford Explorer and the door ajar sensor remained on even after several attempts to shut the passenger door. After looking into it, someone before me had snipped a white wire and grounded it as a potential problem solve...Perhaps it worked for awhile but now, the interior dome/map lights randomly come on (even after the ignition is off and doors are locked), and the passenger door ajar sensor comes on (even after it's been disabled). This vehicle is haunted. SMH

- Jarrod E., Valdosta, GA, US

Apr 022018

Explorer 4WD 3.5L V6

The car is nice, but this sound drives me crazy. The door ajar light is on all the time and I can't lock the car with the remote I am assuming it's the light that is causing the problem. Can anybody help, please?

- Mohannad T., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Apr 212016

Explorer 3.5L V6

I have had 1 latch replaced on the driver side under warranty and I've replaced a passenger one. It has started happening again with the passenger side door, so another latch!!!

- Erin W., Safford, US