- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 3 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 20 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 33 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 37 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 51 days ago
Ford Recall 19S29: Front Seat Frames May Have Exposed Sharp Edges
2017 Ford Explorer
Occupants my contact the sharp edges when reaching between the power front seat and center console, increasing their risk of injury.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Ford Explorer vehicles equipped with power front seats. The seat frames may have sharp edges.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install protective tape on the exposed inside edge and tab of the power seat frames, free of charge. The recall began November 8, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S29.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Safety Recall 19S29 – Supplement #1
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center - FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR SELECT 2017 EXPLORER VEHICLES FOR A SHARP SEAT FRAME EDGE
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 19S29
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Safety Recall 19S29 Certain 2017 Model Year Explorer Vehicles Equipped with Power Seats Seat Frame Burred Edge
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.