- May 13: Ford Explorer Hood Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 0 days ago
- May 12: Ford F-150 Warped Dashboard Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 16 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2017 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Wheels — Hub
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.