- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 17 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 21 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 35 days ago
Ford Recall : Hub Unit Bearing May Allow Wheel Detachment
2017 Ford Explorer
A loss of the wheel or wheel end can increase the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Hub
Suspension — Rear
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain Wheel Hub Bearing assemblies, part number HB5Z-1104-C, incorrectly listed as being for installation on the rear axles of 2011-2017 Ford Explorer 4X2 vehicles. These bearings assemblies were manufactured without a self retention feature, possibly resulting in the separation of the wheel or wheel end.
- Ford will notify the distributors of the hubs specifying that they are to only be used on drive axles. It is believed that none of the hubs were purchased from Ford dealers for the incorrect application. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.
Click a tab for more information.