- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 5 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 5 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 8 days ago
- October 2: Bosch CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
Ford Recall 16S46: Oil Leak From Turbocharger
2017 Ford Explorer
An oil leak, in the presence of an ignition source, increases the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Gasoline — Turbo-Charger
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Taurus, 2016-2017 Ford Flex, Lincoln MKT, 2017 Ford Explorer and Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility vehicles equipped with 3.5L GTDI engines. Improperly brazed turbocharger oil supply tubes may leak oil on engine components.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and if necessary, replace the turbocharger oil supply tubes, free of charge. The recall began on January 31, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S46.
- Documents (9)
- Media Statement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - December 20, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S46
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.