- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 8 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 25 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 38 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 42 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 56 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Cruise Control
2000 Ford Focus
A throttle that does not return to idle could result in unexpected acceleration, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with speed control. The speed control cable end fitting can allow water to enter the speed control servo assembly. If this occurs, corrosion in the servo assembly could develop and cause intermittent speed control operation or prevent the throttle from returning to idle.
- Dealers will replace the speed control cable (with a new cable that incorporates a glass-filled end cap) and inspect the assembly for internal corrosion. Servos with evidence of corrosion will also be replaced. Owners are advised not to use the speed control until the vehicles are repaired.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.