- September 18: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Problems Cause Huge Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 9 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 15 days ago
- September 6: Ford Recalls 2 Million F-150s After 17 U.S. Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- September 3: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus Cars news | 19 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Cruise Control
2000 Ford Focus
A throttle that does not return to idle could result in unexpected acceleration, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with speed control. The speed control cable end fitting can allow water to enter the speed control servo assembly. If this occurs, corrosion in the servo assembly could develop and cause intermittent speed control operation or prevent the throttle from returning to idle.
- Dealers will replace the speed control cable (with a new cable that incorporates a glass-filled end cap) and inspect the assembly for internal corrosion. Servos with evidence of corrosion will also be replaced. Owners are advised not to use the speed control until the vehicles are repaired.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.