- November 30: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Trucks With 7.3L Engines recalls | 2 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 5 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 13 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 18 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Cruise Control
2000 Ford Focus
A throttle that does not return to idle could result in unexpected acceleration, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with speed control. The speed control cable end fitting can allow water to enter the speed control servo assembly. If this occurs, corrosion in the servo assembly could develop and cause intermittent speed control operation or prevent the throttle from returning to idle.
- Dealers will replace the speed control cable (with a new cable that incorporates a glass-filled end cap) and inspect the assembly for internal corrosion. Servos with evidence of corrosion will also be replaced. Owners are advised not to use the speed control until the vehicles are repaired.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.