- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 6 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 27 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 27 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Cruise Control
2000 Ford Focus
A throttle that does not return to idle could result in unexpected acceleration, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with speed control. The speed control cable end fitting can allow water to enter the speed control servo assembly. If this occurs, corrosion in the servo assembly could develop and cause intermittent speed control operation or prevent the throttle from returning to idle.
- Dealers will replace the speed control cable (with a new cable that incorporates a glass-filled end cap) and inspect the assembly for internal corrosion. Servos with evidence of corrosion will also be replaced. Owners are advised not to use the speed control until the vehicles are repaired.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.