- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 17 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 21 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 35 days ago
Ford Recall 01S24: Ford/Windshield Wiper Motor Cover
2000 Ford Focus
Loss of visibility while driving increases the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Windshield Wiper/Washer — Motor
- Vehicle description: Passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, and light and medium duty pickup trucks. A switch located in the plastic cover of the wiper motor gear case could malfunction and overheat, potentially resulting in loss of intermittent wiper function, loss of wiper park function, complete loss of wiper function, or ignition of the plastic cover material. Switch malfunction is most likely to occur when the intermittent setting of the wipers is being used, or when snow or ice obstructs the blades from returning to the "parked" position at the bottom of the windshield. These vehicles were built at the following assembly plants: Atlanta plant from 2/11/00 through 7/31/00; Chicago plant from 2/14/00 through 8/4/00; Kansas City plant from 2/26/00 to 9/4/00; Kentucky truck plant from 2/18/00 to 8/31/00; Michigan truck plant from 2/23/00 through 8/3/00; Norfolk plant from 2/21/00 through 7/27/00; wayne stamping and assembly plant from 2/25/00 through 8/15/00; and Wixom plant from 2/15/00 through 8/8/00.
- Dealers will inspect the date code on the wiper motor. Motors built with the suspect time frame will have the wiper motor gear case cover replaced. Owner notification began August 20, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.