- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 4 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 25 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 25 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Rear Wheel Bearings
2001 Ford Focus
The wheel bearings could prematurely wear and cause a noticeable noise. If not repaired, this condition could progress to the point where the wheel begins to wobble.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- This is not a safety recall in accordance with the Safety Act. However, it is deemed a safety improvement campaign by the Agency. Vehicle description: 2000-2001 Ford Focus passenger vehicles, originally sold in or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, ohiom, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. In high corrosion areas, where salt is used on roadways in the winter, the rear wheel bearing seal race can experience surface corrosion. If this condition occurs, the wheel bearing seals could become damaged and allow contamination to enter the wheel bearings.
- Dealers will replace the rear wheel bearings at no cost to the consumer. Additional bearing seals will also be installed to ensure a smooth ride. This program will be in effect until December 31, 2002, regardless of mileage. Even if the vehicle has already been serviced under recall campaign 00S31, Ford has taken additional steps to keep the wheel bearings in top shape. Owners can contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332, concerning this program.
Click a tab for more information.