- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 8 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 14 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 18 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 22 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 32 days ago
Ford Recall 14S17-S1: Engine Wiring Splices May Cause Stall
2014 Ford Focus
The incorrect signals could cause the vehicle to hesitate or the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Escape vehicles manufactured January 11, 2012, to April 1, 2013, and 2013-2014 Focus ST vehicles manufactured May 03, 2012, to October 14, 2013. Insufficient compression in the engine wiring harness splices to the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor may provide incorrect signals to the powertrain control module (PCM).
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the current crimped splices with new splices, free of charge. The recall began on January 7, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S17-S1.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - December 4, 2015 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 14S17 – Supplement #2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.