2017 Ford Focus clutch problems: premature clutch failure

Premature Clutch Failure

2017 Ford Focus

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

8.0

$1,600

1. replace clutch (2 reports)
2017 Ford Focus clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Focus:

2017 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 012018

Focus Focus

My 2017 Focus started making noise a couple months after I bought it in Oct. 2017. Didn't know what it was...drove with the noise for awhile. It got worse, took car in. I was told by the Ford Customer Service Rep "oh, that problem was supposed to have been fixed by Ford already". It was a known defect. They kept my car about 3 weeks. Picked it up, and was not told what the issue really was.

Just found out today that it was a clutch replacement last year. I only found out because the problem is now occurring again, plus a shuddering as well. I called Ford today(8/2/19) to schedule a time to come in and get a loaner so they can fix the clutch again. Have to wait two weeks before a loaner will be available.

I'm not happy that the same problem us occurring again, after being fixed once, and it is a known issue with the car!

I really just want to sell it and get a new vehicle, but I cannot do so right now.

I've also read that there is a class action lawsuit regarding this year and other years, because Ford knew about the problem. I'm going to be checking into that issue as well.

- khargrave815, Pleasant Ridge, US

Nov 152017

Focus ST 2.0L

with 1800 miles on a new car, you'd think the dealership would pay for it. this is not the first ford focus with this, I researched this issue and it's an on going issue with these ford focus'. there's a complaint board with this major issue.

- Ernest M., Pasadena, US