- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 4 days ago
- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 5 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 16 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 18S32: Stuck Canister Purge Valve May Cause Stall
2018 Ford Focus
The excessive vaccuum may result in an engine stall while driving, without warning and without the ability to restart the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2012-2018 Ford Focus vehicles with a 2.0L GDI or 2.0L GTDI engine. The Canister Purge Valve (CPV) may malfunction, possibly causing excessive vacuum in fuel vapor management system.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. Dealers will also check for fault codes and replace the CPV as needed. If the CPV is replaced, dealers will inspect and replace the carbon canister, fuel tank and fuel delivery module as necessary. The recall began August 19, 2019. Owners may contact Ford Customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S32. Note: Until the vehicle is serviced for this concern, owners are advised to keep the fuel tank at least halfway full.
Click a tab for more information.