- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 24 days ago
- August 22: Honda Earth Dreams Engine Lawsuit Filed For CR-Vs and Civics news | 33 days ago
- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 61 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 65 days ago
1997 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
1997 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Cuts Out While Driving8
- Check Engine Light On3
- Won't Start3
- Stalls When Stopping2
- Crack In Engine Block1
- Engine Failure1
- Engine Vibration When Stopped1
- Rough Noise On Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine14
- NHTSA: Engine8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.