- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 11 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 14 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 21 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 35 days ago
1997 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
Worst 1997 Accord transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure6
- transmission slipping4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission13
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.