- November 18: Honda Odyssey Second-Row Seat Problems Injure 46 recalls | 5 days ago
- November 14: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Lawsuit Tossed news | 9 days ago
- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 70 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 73 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
Looks Like A Car Paint Eating Disease (No Peeling Though)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 127,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
body / paint problem