- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 13 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 15 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 18 days ago
- May 22: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchbacks To Replace Seatback Pads recalls | 26 days ago
Looks Like A Car Paint Eating Disease (No Peeling Though)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 127,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
body / paint problem