- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- April 13: Texas Woman Awarded $37 Million After Honda Odyssey Crash news | 9 days ago
- April 4: Honda Civic Driver Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag Inflator news | 18 days ago
- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 31 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
1998 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat Is Peeling From Hood, Roof, And/Or Trunk126
- Paint Is Peeling12
- Looks Like A Car Paint Eating Disease (No Peeling Though)4
- Excessive Rust On Subframe3
- Water Leaking Into Interior3
- Cars Paint Is Blistering2
- Rust Under Door Trim1
- Spoiler Rubs Through Paint On Trunk1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body36
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields14
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members8
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 7
- NHTSA: Structure4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.