- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 17 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 29 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 29 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
1998 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat Is Peeling From Hood, Roof, And/Or Trunk126
- Paint Is Peeling12
- Looks Like A Car Paint Eating Disease (No Peeling Though)4
- Excessive Rust On Subframe3
- Water Leaking Into Interior3
- Cars Paint Is Blistering2
- Rust Under Door Trim1
- Spoiler Rubs Through Paint On Trunk1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body36
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields14
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members8
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 7
- NHTSA: Structure4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.