- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 31 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 42 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 49 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 63 days ago
Clear Coat Is Peeling From Hood, Roof, And/Or Trunk
1998 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 7)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 126 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- repaint entire car (66 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- Honda should fix/repaint or reimburse owners for lost value (15 reports)
- to keep me as a honda owner i want re-embursement (5 reports)
- Honda paid to repaint the entire car (4 reports)
- repaint only roof and hood (2 reports)
body / paint problem