- November 18: Honda Odyssey Second-Row Seat Problems Injure 46 recalls | 2 days ago
- November 14: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Lawsuit Tossed news | 6 days ago
- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 67 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 70 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 73 days ago
Engine Oil In The Coolant
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 136,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
cooling system problem