- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 8 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 19 days ago
- May 6: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 26 days ago
- April 6: Honda Oil Dilution Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 56 days ago
- March 13: Isuzu Fuel Tank Rust Won't Be Investigated investigations | 80 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.