- November 27: Honda Recalls Accord, CR-V, Insight and Ridgeline recalls | 1 days ago
- November 23: Honda Sunroof Shattered, Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- November 15: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 13 days ago
- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 49 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 53 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
1999 Honda Accord Drivetrain Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.