- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 46 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 48 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 51 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
1999 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stalls/shuts off while driving85
- check engine light is on6
- loss of power5
- cracked engine block4
- engine oil in coolant4
- gas pedal stuck2
- unintended acceleration2
- all four cylinders misfiring1
- engine not start when a/c has been on1
- engine overheated resulting in engine damage1
- engine rod bearing failed1
- head gasket blew1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling41
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine34
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline33
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine23
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.