- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 0 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 21 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Belts And Associated Pulleys Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2.6hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 58,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.