- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 12 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 26 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalling, Poor/Rough Acceleration13
- Excessive Oil Consumption6
- Engine Cranks But Will Not Start5
- Engine Won't Start, Turn Over5
- Engine Light Is On4
- Unintended/Sudden Acceleration3
- Rough Idle2
- Stalls Or Very Low RPM When Stopping2
- A/C Cycles On & Off , The Engine Momentarily Dies1
- Engine Overheated1
- Seals On Engine Blew, Leaking Oil1
- Won't Start When It's Hot Outside1
- Won't Start When Warm1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal22
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline15
- NHTSA: Engine9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.