- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 7 days ago
- April 13: Texas Woman Awarded $37 Million After Honda Odyssey Crash news | 8 days ago
- April 4: Honda Civic Driver Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag Inflator news | 17 days ago
- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 30 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 30 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalling, Poor/Rough Acceleration13
- Excessive Oil Consumption6
- Engine Cranks But Will Not Start5
- Engine Won't Start, Turn Over5
- Engine Light Is On4
- Unintended/Sudden Acceleration3
- Rough Idle2
- Stalls Or Very Low RPM When Stopping2
- A/C Cycles On & Off , The Engine Momentarily Dies1
- Engine Overheated1
- Seals On Engine Blew, Leaking Oil1
- Won't Start When It's Hot Outside1
- Won't Start When Warm1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal22
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline15
- NHTSA: Engine9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.