- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 6 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 15 days ago
- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 56 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 61 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 86 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal Problems
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 37,875 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.