- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 6 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 15 days ago
- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 56 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 61 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 86 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 265,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)