- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 19 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 46 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 110,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)