- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 16 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 18 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 45 days ago
Engine Cranks But Will Not Start
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace relay switch to the fuel pump (1 reports)
- try turning but not actually turnning the car on about five (1 reports)