- November 28: Honda Accord Power Steering Problems Cause Petition investigations | 3 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 4 days ago
- October 22: Honda Pays $5 Million Over Takata Airbags news | 40 days ago
- October 4: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Failed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 58 days ago
- October 3: Mesa, Arizona: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Takata Airbag news | 59 days ago
2001 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for Honda Accords & other models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as settlement for a class action lawsuit, but that period is over & owners of Accords with transmission problems are out of luck.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad. Also make sure your 2001 Accord has been checked for the airbag recall: excessive pressure may cause metal fragments during airbag deployment.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 99,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 43 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- should be a recall on the paint (20 reports)
- not sure (15 reports)
- repaint the car (8 reports)
body / paint problem