- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 15 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 27 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
2001 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for Honda Accords & other models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as settlement for a class action lawsuit, but that period is over & owners of Accords with transmission problems are out of luck.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad. Also make sure your 2001 Accord has been checked for the airbag recall: excessive pressure may cause metal fragments during airbag deployment.
2001 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Paint Peeling43
- Clear Coat Peeling7
- Excessive Rust2
- Subframe Rot1
- Water Leak1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body27
- NHTSA: Structure4
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 1
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.