- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 21 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 48 days ago
Honda Recall : Honda/FMVSS 209/Rear Center Seat Belt Buckle
2001 Honda Accord
The rear seat belts will work properly and provide protection in a crash, but the owner may experience difficulty unfastening the belt after the crash.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- Certain sedans and coupes fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 209, "seat belt assemblies." Certain rear seat belt buckles were improperly manufactured.
- In a previous recall (01V-380), only right and left buckles were inspected. The rear center buckle should also be inspected and corrected if necessary. This recall is being conducted only for the center buckle. Dealers will inspect the vehicles and replace the seat belt assemblies that were imrpoperly manufactured. Only buckles that are marked (on the back side of the buckle) with an assembly number beginning with 00185, 00186, or 00187, will be replaced. Owners should contact their dealer for this replacement. Owner notification began March 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.