- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 8 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 11 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 12 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 14 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 36 days ago
Honda Recall : Honda/FMVSS 209/Rear Center Seat Belt Buckle
2001 Honda Accord
The rear seat belts will work properly and provide protection in a crash, but the owner may experience difficulty unfastening the belt after the crash.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- Certain sedans and coupes fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 209, "seat belt assemblies." Certain rear seat belt buckles were improperly manufactured.
- In a previous recall (01V-380), only right and left buckles were inspected. The rear center buckle should also be inspected and corrected if necessary. This recall is being conducted only for the center buckle. Dealers will inspect the vehicles and replace the seat belt assemblies that were imrpoperly manufactured. Only buckles that are marked (on the back side of the buckle) with an assembly number beginning with 00185, 00186, or 00187, will be replaced. Owners should contact their dealer for this replacement. Owner notification began March 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.