- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 3 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 14 days ago
- May 6: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 21 days ago
- April 6: Honda Oil Dilution Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 51 days ago
- March 13: Isuzu Fuel Tank Rust Won't Be Investigated investigations | 75 days ago
Bad Product/Bad Customer Service
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for Honda Accords & other models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as settlement for a class action lawsuit, but that period is over & owners of Accords with transmission problems are out of luck.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad. Also make sure your 2001 Accord has been checked for the airbag recall: excessive pressure may cause metal fragments during airbag deployment.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- buy a newer honda to get out of the old one (2 reports)
- replace the transmission (2 reports)
- (1 reports)