- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 6 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 9 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 10 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 12 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 34 days ago
Honda Recall : Honda/Timing Belt/Water Pump
2002 Honda Accord
If the timing belt breaks, the engine will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- On certain minivans, sedans, coupes, and sport utility vehicles equipped with V6 engines, a timing belt tensioner pulley on the water pump is misaligned and could cause the timing belt to contact a bolt on the cylinder head. Eventually the belt could be damaged and fail.
- Dealers will inspect the water pump and if it is one of the defective pumps, the water pump and timing belt will be replaced. Owner notification began August 30, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Supplemental Remedy Instructions and TSB - 11-9-2006
- Defect and Noncompliance Notice(Part 573)
- Updated Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - September 2003
Click a tab for more information.