- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 22 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 23 days ago
- April 26: Recall: Honda Odyssey Minivans Shift Into PARK While Driving recalls | 24 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 27 days ago
2003 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
2003 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat Coming Off71
- Paint Is Peeling Off My Car27
- Paint Chipping5
- Trim Around Windows Falling Off3
- Water Leaks Into Interior3
- Trunk Won't Unlock2
- Fender Liners Falling In1
- Frame Rotting1
- Major Blind Spot1
- Rusting On Hood1
- Trunk Won't Latch1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body29
- NHTSA: Structure22
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 8
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hood2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars1
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.