- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 17 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 19 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 22 days ago
- May 22: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchbacks To Replace Seatback Pads recalls | 30 days ago
2003 Honda Accord
Wheels / Hubs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
2003 Honda Accord Wheels / Hubs Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.