- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 1 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators news | 8 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 22 days ago
- December 19: Takata Airbag Kills Louisiana Driver of a Honda Civic news | 31 days ago
- November 30: Honda Recalls 2017 Civics With Bad Driveshafts recalls | 50 days ago
2003 Honda Accord
wheels / hubs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
Worst 2003 Accord wheels / hubs Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.