- July 24: Honda Odyssey Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- July 20: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 10 days ago
- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 45 days ago
- June 5: Honda Ridgeline Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Tailgates news | 55 days ago
- June 4: Honda Battery Class Action Lawsuit in Florida news | 56 days ago
2003 Honda Accord
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
2003 Honda Accord Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Window Motor Malfunction21
- Windows Rattling3
- Moon Roof Dead1
- Window Switch Malfunction1
- Wipers Stopped Working1
- NHTSA: Visibility22
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer: Motor13
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer7
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger/Hvac System4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun/Moon Roof Assembly4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Glass, Side/Rear3
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger/Hvac System: Heater ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.