- February 23: Honda CR-V Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- February 10: Honda Battery Problems Cause Accord and CR-V Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- January 2: Honda 5-Speed Transmission Class Action Settlement news | 60 days ago
- December 22: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid and Insight Vehicles recalls | 71 days ago
- December 19: Honda Driveshaft Recall Follows 152 Warranty Claims recalls | 74 days ago
Brakes Squeak Like Crazy
2009 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects – poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 8,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 126 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Honda should issue a recall and make a design change (54 reports)
- not sure (53 reports)
- new pads and machine turned rotors (8 reports)
- fixed under the TSB 09-096 issued for front brakes (5 reports)
- class-action lawsuit (3 reports)
- lawsuit refund of $150 (2 reports)