- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 12 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 26 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
2009 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects – poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2009 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption135
- Excessive Oil Burn25
- Check Engine Light On24
- Grinding Noise While Starting14
- Engine Shuddering9
- Engine Making Clacking Noise7
- Poor Acceleration7
- Engine Makes Rattling Noise At Startup6
- Cylinder Misfire5
- Engine Noise Over 20 Mph3
- Intermittent Starting Problem3
- Oil Light Never Comes On When Low On Oil3
- Car "Jerks" When Idling2
- Car Needed Valve Job1
- Cheap Belts - Need Early Replacement1
- Intermittent Stalling1
- Piston Broke1
- Unexpected Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Engine82
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.