- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 29 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 37 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 63 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2010 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord some several significant flaws: excessive oil consumption, premature brake wear, & uncomfortable seats.
In October 2013, Honda settled a class action for excessive oil consumption which extends their V6 powertrain warranty out to 8 years & no mileage limit. However, is the inconvenience & risk of dealing with Honda on this problem worth it? We don't think so.
Premature brake wear has been a consistent problem for this Accord generation. Once again Honda settled a class action lawsuit over brake wear, but most 2010 Accords are NOT covered.
Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Unwary buyers report the seat pain is mainly only noticeable after 15-20 minutes. The common theme we hear is "never noticed this during the test drive."
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 126 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (88 reports)
- Honda replacing engine (13 reports)
- pistons and rings replaced (12 reports)
- replace engine or take car back (7 reports)
- rebuilt engine (2 reports)
- replace ignition coil (1 reports)