- May 10: Honda Accord Steering Problems Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- May 2: Honda Confirms 16th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 11 days ago
- March 30: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Affects 708,000 Vehicles recalls | 44 days ago
- March 19: Faulty Tires Cause Honda Pilot and Passport Recall recalls | 55 days ago
- March 4: Honda Civic Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 70 days ago
2013 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2013 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 53,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 111 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced the starter (61 reports)
- not sure (20 reports)
- dealer replaced the starter (15 reports)
- replace starter (11 reports)
- replace starter, flexplate, rotate torque converter (2 reports)
- dealer replaced the starter which fixed the problem (1 reports)